Staying organized is easier when you following a few basic steps and tricks. Life is busy but if you can stay on top of a few basics you will be happy to see the difference it makes in your home.
- Multitask when you can. When you are the phone you can walk through the house and put stray items away. Fold laundry while you catch up with family. Walk your kids toys back to their places while on the hold with the bank or other important calls. Unload the dishwasher while your kids eat breakfast. Watch a show while folding laundry.
- A place for everything and everything in its place. If you have an item that’s important to you that give it a home. Don’t let things pile up around your house, find them all a place. A junk drawer may seem like a waste but it can be a great place for items you need but don’t have a zone in your home for.
- Clean up the kitchen immediately following dinner. Clean the dishes and load them into the dishwasher, clear the counters and wipe the counters and table off. This is one of the best ways to keep your kitchen clean.
- Sort and throw out junk mail as soon as your bring it in. Mail is very easy to get behind on but it can be very simple to file and purge. Sort the mail and have spots reserved for to pay mail and to file items.
- Purge your home frequently. It is amazing how quickly new items come into your home and cause clutter. There are a lot of different strategies for clearing clutter from your home and lots of awesome books that can help you get rid of items in your home that are causing you stress or distracting from your happiness.
Keeping your house organized is just part of the work. Keeping it clean is the next step. Hiring a professional cleaning service is a great way to keep the house clean each week.