Across the nation, it is being reported that the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, outbreak is bringing more demand for cleaning services. Experts advise taking extra steps to keep your home free of germs, not only to prevent illness but also to keep it from spreading if someone is already sick.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the coronavirus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person; between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
How Happy Homes Maids Protects Your Home and Family
We are professionally trained to keep environments clean and healthy. We sanitize surfaces, and we’ve taken disinfecting to a higher level. We use commercial-grade vacuums with HEPA filtration that capture up to 99 percent of dust, allergens and other contaminants. We use disinfectant that is made to kill viruses and bacteria. We use certain cloths in certain rooms to avoid spreading germs. Our cleaning teams use hospital-grade disinfectants to sanitize their hands and vacuums from one house to the next. They wear disposable gloves to keep outside germs away. We will continue to enforce our policy of requiring team members who exhibit or are showing signs of illness to stay home.
You don’t have to fight the coronavirus alone!
Here’s How You Can Protect Your Home and Family
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water aren’t readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands
- Wear a face mask if you are sick and around other people (such as in the case of a visit to the doctor’s office – they should have a face mask available for you to put on when you enter their office)
Our Cleaning Recommendations
- Keep getting your house professionally cleaned and disinfected by Happy Homes Maids.
- We recommend that you clean commonly touched surfaces with disinfectant regularly during this time, between Happy Homes cleanings.
- Let’s take good care of each other: Please call us to postpone your clean if your family is sick. Our employees are being asked to stay home if they are sick.